I am Kai Chang, my background in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering and business management , thermolfluid engineering. Good at numbers.
In high tech ,engineering and manufacturing industries for 16 years. 5 years experience for full time engineer and 2+ years for purchasing. Multiple job functions/experience after 2005 for 9 years of sales , OEM/ODM project management, engineering , material planning and supply chain management.
Northwestern Polytechnic University, USA (MBA) 2008 – 2016
Currently Enrolled after work. 1 semesters to go
National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan (Master of Science) 1997 – 1999
Major in Engineering Science
Yuan-Ze University ,Taiwan (Bachelor of Science) 1992 – 1997
Major in Mechanical Engineering, Minor in Industrial Engineering & Management
Super Micro Computer Inc. (USA) Apr 2014 – Jul 2016
- Started from Sr. buyer then manager in the purchasing team with monthly purchasing amount >$10 Million dollars. Regarding tasks such as purchasing, sourcing, planning, project management , product promotion and team management. Major products include the chassis for servers, storage, and embedded systems, mechanical parts, power supply, and power distributors. Control cost saving + rebate to get 5% back to company.
- Control the company’s inventory level ensure with safe inventory for hot seasons and urgent demand. Also, keep the unnecessary inventory low (E&O, slow moving) for saving the cost.
- Fostered and solidified the relationships between vendors and oversea companies, leading to greater flexibility to meet company’s demand for both NPI and mass production. Main new product is Super Micro Ultra server.
- Staff Recruitment, provided the training for new recruits, ensuring proper assimilation into the company
- Implement new SAP/CRM system ,make improvements to increase efficiency
Cooler Master USA Inc. (US/Taiwan) Apr 2003 – Mar 2014
Design Engineer, Sales Engineer (FAE), OEM/ODM Account Manager
- Multiple job functions including 2 years in product designing and product management, 9 years in sales and planning, 11 years in engineering , project management and supply chain management
- Managed OEM/ODM projects as the project manager (program manager)function, CRM and sales services. Worked with global clients representing leading firms from several industries (telecommunications, PC, Gaming,Cloud, server, storage, embedded,IPC,EMS,LED etc.), starting as early as the designing and engineering stage of the business/NPI.
- Handle OEM/ODM accounts for thermal solution and mechanical parts, total annual sales revenue is $7M-9M. Manage OEM/ODM projects and hit rate was more than 90% each year. Good at planning
- Involved in sales and marketing for PC related retail products in the US market; achieved the highest sales rate in 2013 (110% achieve rate). Annual amount was $5M.
- Developed professional communication skills with respect to the global business networks of Cooler Master and the company’s supply chain.
Chung Ting Corporation Industry (Taiwan) Sep 2002 – Apr 2003
Engineer in the Equipment Designing Department
- Honed professional skills with regards to the designing of industrial equipment, construction , air conditioning system used in power plants, incinerators and construction sites
- Designed and processed the flow analysis and simulation for both fire and air condition in traffic stations
Pacific Electric Wire and Cable Co. Ltd. (Taiwan) May 2000 – Aug 2002
Engineer in the Communications Department
- Specialized in research, mass production and design for fiber optics and cables
- Designed improvements for factory operation processes
- Designed more effective communication and network systems
- Bid for public construction projects i.e. 3G mobile phone systems, SDH system, DWDM system and XDSL system
Mechanical &themal products: design,drawing and manufacturing process/ Industrial Engineering
OEM/ODM direct Front-end Sales and Engineering Support;Product and Project Management
Marketing, Customer/Channel Management for retail IT products
Operation management, Supply Chain management, Organization Management, planning, sourcing
Software/system skill :SAP/CAD/ERP/MRP
Bilingual in English/Mandarin